MEASUREMENT PROGRAM FOR EVALUATION OF CONCRETE TIES AND FASTENINGS IN TRANSIT TRACK
This report outlines a measurement program to obtain data on the performance of standard tie designs and associated fastening systems under field service conditions. In addition, the program identifies limited data to be obtained from a wood tie track for comparison. Recommendations are presented for a measurement program for monitoring, over an extended duration, the performance of different cross tie track systems under typical transit conditions. The following topics are discussed herein: type of data to be collected; type of instrumentation to be installed; type of equipment required for data acquisition; test schedule; and criteria for evaluating test data. The recommendations presented in this report are applicable to wood and concrete cross-tie track systems.
- See also PB-297533.
Skokie, IL USA 60077
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hanna, A N
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Data collection; Design; Dynamic loads; Dynamic structural analysis; Dynamic tests; Fasteners; Field tests; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Test tracks; Wood ties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Track structures; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198283
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-18 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1442
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 29 1981 12:00AM