AN OVERVIEW OF REMOTE SENSING OCEANOGRAPHY IN THE UNITED STATES
Surface radars for real-time mapping of ocean currents over regions up to 70-km offshore, aircraft using laser and radar systems for wave profiling and one-dimensional spectra, and the anticipated products from the TIROS-N satellite system are emphasized in this paper.
- Pub. in Proceedings of International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment (12th), Held at Ann Arbor, MI. on Apr 20-26, 1978, 14p.
National Environmental Satellite ServiceWashington, DC USA
- Sherman III, J W
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Artificial satellites; Lasers; Ocean currents; Ocean waves; Oceans; Radar maps; Remote sensing; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological satellites; Oceanographic data; Radar mapping
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198226
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOAA-79061304
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 2002 12:00AM