EVALUATION OF HIGHWAY ADVISORY RADIO IN THE I-35W TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT NETWORK
The project was initiated to obtain installation, operations, maintenance, and evaluation data on Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) in a surveillance and control network. The site selected for the project was a segment of I-35W between I-494 and 66th Street within the I-35W Traffic Management System operated by the Minnesota Department of Transportation. This report describes the operating agency's experiences and assessment of HAR. It covers the installation and operations of HAR for a one year period. The report includes an analysis of major system elements, message characteristics, motorist use and acceptance, and various system costs.
Minnesota Department of Highways408 Highway Building
St Paul, MN USA 55155
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Carlson, G C
- Dahl, R D
- Lari, A Z
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Attitudes; Benefit cost analysis; Coaxial cables; Communication systems; Drivers; Evaluation; Highway traffic control; Information display systems; Installation; Maintenance; Questionnaires; Radio; Surveillance; Systems analysis; Traffic congestion; Traffic engineering
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00198214
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-79- 33 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8565
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM