VEHICLE ANTI-THEFT SECURITY SYSTEM DESIGN. VOLUME II: TECHNICAL REPORT
The objectives of the program were threefold: The identification and selection of cost-effective, anti-theft performance criteria which can reduce the vehicle theft rate; The design, fabrication, and testing of an improved anti-theft system that complies with these criteria; and The development and recommendation of modifications to FMVSS No. 114 which reflect both the performance criteria and the technical realities imposed on the designer.
- See also Volume 1, PB-296808.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Howland, J S
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Cost effectiveness; Design; Detectors; Locks (Fasteners); Locks (Waterways); Maintainability; Performance; Reliability; Safety; Security; Steering; Theft
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198199
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ADL-C-81215-2 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-804-340
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01723
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM