EVALUATION OF SIGNAL/CONTROL SYSTEM EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY. TASK 1: ASSESSMENT OF SIGNAL/CONTROL TECHNOLOGY AND LITERATURE REVIEW
The report presents the results of an investigation to obtain an assessment of the present technologies in use throughout the world for railroad signals and control systems applicable to high-speed passenger trains. Questionaires were developed and sent to foreign and domestic railroads, rapid transit systems, and manufacturers of signal and control equipment. Railroads, transit systems and manufacturers were visited and interviewed. Many hundreds of articles and technical papers were researched. Over 250 were cataloged, translated and cross-indexed to form a complete technical library. This inventory data has been arranged to permit a logical review of all known technology in relation to each type of railroad signal or control system or subsystem(s).
- Prepared in cooperation with Kentron, Inc., Dallas, TX. See also RRIS 06A 160400.
STV, IncorporatedGriffith Towers
Pottstown, PA USA 19464
Dyer (Thomas K), Incorporated1762 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington, MA USA 02173
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Taylor, S F
- Marshall, J F
- Schultz, C M
- Whalen, R B
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Automatic train operation; Automatic train protection; Automation; Centralized traffic control; Control devices; Fail safe systems; High speed rail; Rail transit facilities; Railroad signals; Railroads; Reviews; Safety; Technology; Technology assessment; Traffic control; Traffic signal control systems
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00198186
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/39.1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-773-4236
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1982 12:00AM