NATIONAL TRANSIT MARKETING CONFERENCE - PROCEEDINGS, HELD AT ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA ON JUNE 9-11, 1975
Marketing increasingly is being recognized as a key element in revitalizing urban public transportation, and is a significant transit management tool. Technical sessions centered on an in-depth examination of marketing's tools and components as they apply to transit. Case histories and workshops were among the approaches used to familiarize participants with the marketing concept. The report offers an excellent resource for those interested in transit marketing.
- Prepared in cooperation with American Public Transit Association, Washington, DC.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Transportation Management, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 207 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Case studies; Communication; Conferences; Labor relations; Level of service; Market research; Marketing; Meetings; Needs assessment; Prices; Public transit; Transportation operations; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Communicating; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00198179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA/UPM-40/79/2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM