RATIONAL DETERMINATION OF PRIORITY TARGETS FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT; SUMMARY OF GUIDELINES FOR ESTABLISHING R/D PRIORITIES AT FHWA
The report presents a set of general guidelines for conducting decision analyses of FHWA R and D projects and establishing R and D priorities. It has been applied to several R and D projects and shown to be a logical and consistent approach to evaluating projects and to establishing priorities among those projects. Uncertainties on research outcomes and social and economic impacts can be handled effectively by this decision analysis methodology. In addition, the report presents new material on portfolio selection methods and a program for assessing values of R and D outcomes and describes a Highway Information Library for use in the R and D planning process.
Stanford Research Institute333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Thompson, G I
- Chatterjee, P
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Development; Economic impacts; Evaluation; Federal government; Guidelines; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Libraries; Probability theory; Research; Research management; Social factors; Social impacts; Strategic planning; Systems analysis; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00198178
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SRI/MED-2741/FR Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8095
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM