SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SHADY GROVE STATION, EAST PARKING LOT, SECTION A017, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of a group of 47 test borings made in the east parking lot and connecting roads of Shady Grove Station in Section A017 of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The exploration was carried out to investigate conditions associated with the earthwork operations and pavement design and construction for these parking and roadway areas. The report includes a group of geological sections taken through the parking lot and roadway, logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and comments on potential design and construction problems.
- Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, DC.
Mueser, Rutledge, Johnston and DeSimoneNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1979-4-10
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Earthwork; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Pavement design; Pile driving; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Sulfur dioxide; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway railways; Test driving/piles
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00198118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRJD-79-161
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM