HEALTH AND HUMAN RESOURCES: THE ELDERLY
A workshop designed to contribute to an understanding of the role of science and technology in addressing the problems facing the elderly is reported. The problem areas considered were: alternatives to institutionalization for the care of the aged, housing organization and designs for the elderly, effective transportation services for the elderly, and the elderly as an economic resource. Although workshop members worked in four groups, each considering one of these four areas, they stressed the need to recognize these problems as interrelated and to develop integrated research programs.
- Report from a Workshop Considering Problems Identified by the Intergovernmental Science, Engineering, and Technology Advisory Panel, December 12-14, 1978, Warrenton, Virginia.
American Association for Advancement of ScienceOffice of Public Sector Programs
, United States
National Science FoundationApplied Science and Research Applications, 1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Publication Date: 1978-12-14
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Coordination; Dwellings; Housing; Housings; Level of service; Planning; Problem solving; Service agencies; Social service; Specifications; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement; Services
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198103
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA-790043
- Contract Numbers: NSF-OPA78-24464
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM