A COMPENDIUM OF FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION POLICIES AND PROGRAMS
The report describes and summarizes Federal transportation policies and programs as enunciated by the executive, congressional, and judicial branches. The report contains a narrative description of the sources of Federal policies and programs for the intercity, urban, rural, and international markets, with attention to the gaps and conflicts in these policies and programs. Appendixes A and B list, respectively, the 30 congressional committees and the 64 Federal agencies with transportation responsibility. Appendix C provides more detailed descriptions of approximately 1,000 transportation policies and programs of these 64 agencies.
National Transportation Policy Study Commission2000 M Street, NW, Suite 3000
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 423 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Competition; Conflict (Psychology); Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Government funding; Highway transportation; Intercity transportation; International compacts; Interstate transportation; Policy; Policy making; Regulations; Rural areas; Subsidies; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPSC/SR-79/06 Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM