EVALUATION OF PROGRAMS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION - AN ASSESSMENT
The report assesses the extent to which evaluation within the Department of Transportation is an established part of the management process and the extent to which evaluation activities are aimed at serving congressional and executive branch decisionmaking needs. The report also contains recommendations on how the usefulness of these activities can be improved.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1979-4-3
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Evaluation; Federal government; Management; Performance; PERT; Project management; Quality of work; Recommendations; Research; Strategic planning; Transportation departments
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods; Project analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00198059
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAD-79-13 Cong Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM