TROUBLESOME FEDERAL MANDATES-IMPLIED CONSENT AND 55 MPH LIMIT (ILLINOIS)
Contents: The implied consent law (Key features of the implied consent law, The rights of the accused, The relationship between alcohol and fatal accidents, Enforcement statistics, Legislative revisions); The fifty-five mile per hour speed limit (Penalties for violation and the public's attitude, Fatality reduction capabilities, Energy saving potential, Federal efforts to induce compliance, Legislative alternatives).
Illinois House Republican StaffSpringfield, IL United States
- Syers, D
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Energy conservation; Fatalities; Federal government; Highway transportation; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Law enforcement; Legal factors; Legislation; Public relations; Speed limits; State government; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Public support
- Geographic Terms: Illinois; United States
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Environment; Highways; Law; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM