AUTOMATED GAIN CONTROL IN RAIL FLAW DETECTION
The patent describes automated gain control in rail flaw detection which includes attenuation of echoes from rails pulsed with a burst of sonic energy, comparing said attenuated signals over discrete intervals, and reducing or increasing said attenuation in response thereto to develop a uniform signal from which an evaluation of flaw indicating echoes can be obtained.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Rudis, R P
- Ceccon, H L
- Publication Date: 1979-2-21
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Detection and identification; Logic circuits; Nondestructive tests; Patent applications; Patents; Radio equipment; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Tests; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic gain control; Comparators
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00197966
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-6-013 514, PATENT-4 205 553
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM