FIRST COAST GUARD DISTRICT--REGION I--MULTI-AGENCY OIL AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS POLLUTION CONTINGENCY PLAN (COASTAL)
The Plan provides action to minimize damage from oil and hazardous substance discharges, including containment, dispersal, and removal. The Plan includes: (a) assignment of duties and responsibilities; (b) identification, procurement and supplies; (c) establishment of a strike force and emergency task force; (d) a system of surveillance and notice; (e) establishment of a national center to coordinate and direct operations; (f) procedures and, (g) a schedule identifying dispersants and other chemicals in which they may be used, and the quantities which may be safely used. It establishes a Regional Response Team and provides guidelines for it and for the Sub-Regional Response Teams. The Plan encompasses all the coastal area of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
- For similarly titled reports, see: AD-756229 (New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands) $3.00; AD-756230 (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania) $3.00; AD-756231 (Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Panama Canal Zone) $6.00; AD-756232 (Texas and Louisiana) $6.00; AD-756233 (Chicago Coastal Region) $6.00; AD-756234 (California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa and the U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands) $6.00; AD-756235 (Alaska, Washington and Oregon) $6.00.
United States Coast GuardFirst District
Boston, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1972-4-20
- Pagination: 506 p.
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Interagency relations; Monitoring; Oil spill cleanup; Pollution; Spills (Pollution); Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Multiagency contingency plan; Oil spill monitoring; Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00044656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM