DIESEL ORGANIC RANKINE CYCLE COMPOUND ENGINE (BOTTOMING CYCLE) PROGRAM. PROGRAM PLAN
A program plan is presented for implementation of a Single Vehicle Test during fiscal year 1979 in which the Diesel Organic Rankine Cycle Compund Engine installed in a long-haul truck will be tested and evaluated as a precursor to future minifleet demonstration, the ultimate aim of which is the improvement of fuel economy in this class of truck. The Single Vehicle Test consists of two major intertwined phases; the first consists of instrumentation and controls checkout followed by chassis dynamometer tests of the systems and road checkout tests. This is then followed by a series of tests conducted by Mack Trucks at their facility during which all pertinent characteristics of the system will be ascertained.
Department of EnergyDivision of Transportation Energy Conservation
Washington, DC USA 20585
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamometers; Fuel consumption; Rankine engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Contacting
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM