RAPID PATCHING OF CONCRETE USING POLYMER CONCRETE
One of the major problems confronting the highway industry today is the need for a rapid repair material for deteriorated concrete structures. High maintenance costs and traffic delays have created the need for a long lasting, rapid setting, concrete patching material. The use of polymer concrete (PC) as a repair material is discussed. Materials used to make polymer concrete composites are described, as is the procedure for placing polymer concrete patches. The placement of polymer concrete patches in the field by highway maintenance personnel using conventional concrete mixing equipment and techniques is also described.
- Continuously reinforced Concrete Pavement Workshop, New Orleans, LA, 15 February 1978.
Brookhaven National LaboratoryUpton, NY United States
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Webster, R P
- Fontana, J J
- Kukacka, L E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete curing; Concrete pavements; Maintenance equipment; Mechanical properties; Patching; Pavement maintenance; Polymer concrete; Polymers; Repairing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-780270-1
- Contract Numbers: EY-76-C-02-0016
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM