ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT; 1973-1975
In May 1972, Los Angeles County contracted with the U.S. Department of Transportation for $6 million to develop an Alcohol Safety Action Project (ASAP). During ASAP's three years of operations, it developed and implemented different programs in five municipal court districts. After three full years of operation, ASAP countermeasures are still operational, and in most cases greatly expanded, although no longer under the supervision of a central ASAP office. All the countermeasure activities have been re-funded or taken over by various agencies.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Los Angeles County, CaliforniaAlcohol Safety Action Project, 1540 Alcazar
Los Angeles, CA United States 90033
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Courts; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Law enforcement; Licenses; Prevention; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Urban areas
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-310 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-161-2-252
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM