AN ANALYSIS OF THE TRAFFIC SAFETY SYSTEM, 1975
The study analyzes the operations, procedures and effectiveness of the traffic safety system in Los Angeles County's mini-ASAP, specifically how it deals with persons arrested on charges of drinking and driving. The mini-ASAP is that portion of the County served by the Rio Hondo, Citrus and Pomona Court Districts. First, the study describes the mini-ASAP area and gives a general picture of its traffic safety system. Then it analyzes the effectiveness of the law enforcement component of the traffic safety system by looking at arrest data. Next, it studies three of the judicial components--the conviction phase, which handles pre-and post-sentence investigations of persons arrested for drinking and driving; the sentencing phase; and the problem of backlog in the courts. Finally, the study looks at the rehabilitation component of the system and ASAP's impact on recidivism of persons arrested for drinking and driving.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Los Angeles County, CaliforniaAlcohol Safety Action Project, 1540 Alcazar
Los Angeles, CA USA 90033
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bear, M B
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver rehabilitation; Law enforcement; Prevention; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-119
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-161-2-252
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 2002 12:00AM