AN ANALYSIS OF ALCOHOL REHABILITATION EFFORTS, ANALYTIC STUDY NO. 6
Analytic study 6 describes the Sioux City/Woodbury County Alcohol Safety Action Project's Rehabilitation Countermeasure. Profiles of 868 individuals in the two primary treatment modalities, the School for Drinking Drivers (SDD) and the Behavior Modification School (BMS), were compared using Chi-square and analysis of variance. The two groups were significantly different by sex, age, education, occupation, income, marital status, drinker type, and BAC's. Results using a t-test for correlated means indicated both SDD and BMS curricula significantly improved post-test answers to knowledge and attitude questions.
- Prepared in cooperation with Morningside Coll., Sioux City, IA. Dept. of Sociology.
Sioux City-Woodbury County Alcohol Safety Action ProjectSioux City, IA United States
Morningside College, Sioux CitySioux City, IA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Alcoholism; Attitudes; Driver rehabilitation; Drivers; Prevention; Recidivism; Safety; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation; Treatment
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-809
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-163-2-256
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 2002 12:00AM