STATUS REPORT OF ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION DATA, 'MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CAUSE FACTORS AND IDENTIFICATION OF COUNTERMEASURES'
The report presents the preliminary data and findings from the on-scene, in-depth investigations of 900 motorcycle accidents and the analysis of 3600 traffic accident reports of motorcycle accidents in the same study area. Comprehensive data were collected and synthesized for these accidents to cover all details of environmental, vehicle and human factors. These preliminary data identify cause factors of motorcycle accidents, relate the effectiveness of safety equipment and protective devices, and identify countermeasures for accident and injury prevention. The data are not yet complete in editing and exposure data collection is still underway. Consequently, appropriate limits should be fixed for those findings requiring comparison with the population-at-risk.
University of Southern California, Los AngelesSchool of Policy, Planning and Development
Los Angeles, CA United States 90089-0626
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hurt, HHJ
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Data analysis; Helmets; Highways; Injuries; Mathematical analysis; Motorcycles; Prevention; Protection; Safety; Safety and security; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes; Transportation safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-096 Prelim Rpt, 79/3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01160
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM