AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 4: DESIGN GUIDELINES
This report is the fourth volume of an eight-volume final report associated with the AGT Guideway and Station Technology Project. The objective of the project is to develop guideway, station and weather protection concepts which will reduce the cost and implementation time associated with Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) systems as well as improving performance. This report addresses only the design guidelines portion of the guideway and station work. The purpose herein is to provide design guidelines for AGT planners and designers to assist them in providing acceptable, safe and reliable guideways and stations at the lowest possible life cycle costs. Guidelines are also provided for AGT system sponsors to indicate the type of information that they should provide to the guideway and station designers prior to initiation of preliminary engineering activities; i.e., after all predesign planning activities for the AGT system have been completed. Guidelines were prepared following a review of the guideways and stations associated with 30 AGT and related systems. The review included examination of the design criteria, design codes, site integration and construction techniques employed. The guidelines, which represent the current state-of-the-art in the design of AGT guideways and stations, focus on AGT systems with bottom-supported, rubber-tired vehicles and at-grade or above-grade guideway and station placement. They cover guideway and design integration and the guideway/vehicle interface, in addition to guideway and station design.
- Prepared in cooperation with ABAM Engineers, Incorporated, Tacoma, Washington. See also Volume 2, PB-281632.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
ABAM Engineers, Incorporated33301 Ninth Avenue, South
Federal Way, WA United States 98003-6395
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 330 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Design; Environmental engineering; Guidelines; Guideways; Passenger terminals; Passenger vehicles; Railroad stations; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway design; Mechanical guides; Station design
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM