INNOVATION IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: A DIRECTORY OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
The purpose of UMTA's RD&D program is to provide information about a wide spectrum of possible improvements to urban mass transportation systems which communities can use in selecting to best way to deal with their particular transportation requirements. The principle means of providing this information is to publish annually a compilation of reports on the status of UMTA's projects. The report contains the following sections: Bus and paratransit technology; Rail and construction technology; New systems and automation; Automated guideway transit (AGT) applications; Safety and product qualification; Socio-economic research and special projects; Service for special user groups; Fare and pricing policies; Conventional transit service innovations; Paratransit; Transportation planning and management; Policy and program development; and University research and training grant program.
- Record URL:
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Buses; Construction; Demonstration projects; Development; Fares; Guideways; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities; Policy; Project management; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Research; Safety; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects; Research and development; Transportation management; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system; Special service
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197658
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA/TSC-79/1 Ann Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM