INDUCTIVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM DESIGN SUMMARY
The report documents the experience obtained during the design and development of the Inductive Communications System used in the Morgantown People Mover. The Inductive Communications System is used to provide wayside-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-wayside communications for command and control signaling. To aid future designers, system design and supporting analyses are discussed.
Boeing Aerospace CompanyAutomated Transportation Systems, P.O. Box 3999
Seattle, WA USA 98124
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Johnstone, T N
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Command and control systems; Communication; Data communications; Electromagnetic induction; People movers; Rapid transit; Telecommunications
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); West Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Centralized control; Inductive communication; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00197655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMAT-78-49 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1275
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1982 12:00AM