FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS OF JOINT DEVELOPMENT FOR TRANSIT STATIONS IN THE DETROIT AREA
The concept of Joint Development(JD) embodies various forms of public/private sector coordination relative to physical, fiscal, and institutional aspects of transit station development. The objective of this study is to analyze the feasibility of joint development in conjunction with transit station area planning in the Detroit area where the planning of a high-level transit system is underway. The report is organized in three parts. In the first part, the basic concepts of JD are initially presented with a brief state-of-the-art review and a discussion of opportunities, incentives, and constraints. In the second part, the feasibility of joint development in the Detroit area is examined relative to the legal, institutional, and fiscal framework. The development and application of an analytic technique for prioritizing station locations based upon development potential is also presented in Part two. The last part of the report provides the conclusions and recommendations, along with a series of guidelines that may be applied for planning joint development studies in transit stations in other urban areas.
Wayne State UniversityDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
5050 Anthony Wayne Drive
Detroit, MI USA 48202
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Khasnabis, S
- Opiela, K S
- Arbogast, R G
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 266 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Feasibility analysis; Finance; Financing; Guidelines; Joint use; Location; Passenger terminals; Planning; Public transit; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Reviews; State of the art studies; Structural design; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint facilities; Station design
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197653
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MI-0003-79-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM