URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM
This sixth Annual Report describes the work accomplished and summarizes pertinent technical and design data. The objective of the Program is to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transit to the urban traveler by providing him with transit vehicles that are as comfortable, reliable, safe, and economical as possible. Three major hardware tasks were active during this reporting period, namely: the State-of-the-Art Cars (SOAC), the Advanced Concept Train (ACT-1), and the Advanced Subsystem Development Program (ASDP). Accomplishments for the year ending September 1977 included the following: Completion of the PATCO revenue service program; Delivery of the first ACT-1 car to the DOT Transportation Test Center; Fabrication and developmental testing of the components for the Advanced Sub-systems Development Program including the self-synchronous propulsion system, the monomotor truck and the synchronous brake system.
- See also PB-266096.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA USA 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Brakes; Comfort; Design; Electric power conditioning; High speed rail; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Performance tests; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Research; Safety; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicles
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced concept train; Braking systems; Monomotor trucks; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0026-78-1Ann. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM