SAN ANTONIO ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT. ANALYTIC STUDY NUMBER 3. ANALYSIS OF SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT, 1975-1976
Enforcement countermeasure activities during the 2-year continuation period of the San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project included the design and conduct of a number of patrol strategies aimed at determining the most effective methods of conducting ASAP selective enforcement. Included in the strategies evaluated were city evaluation area patrols, weekend expressway patrols, saturation expressway patrols and the use of citizen band radios in selective enforcement patrol vehicles. A description and analysis of these activities is contained in this document, along with a summary of enforcement countermeasure findings during the initial three years of the program.
- See also PB-295090. Prepared in cooperation with Southwest Research Inst., San Antonio, TX.
San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project303 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX USA 78205
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX USA 78228-0510
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hawkins, T E
- Dreyer, C B
- Mason, R L
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Citizen band radio; Crimes; Drivers; Evacuation; Evaluation; Expressways; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Law enforcement; Police patrol; Project management; Radio receivers; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-134 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-049-1-065
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM