SURVEY OF CURRENT PRACTICE IN SUPPORTS FOR SMALL SIGNS - DOCUMENTATION OF DATA REDUCTION AND INFORMATION FILE
A comprehensive survey was conducted among state, city, county and toll road agencies, sign support suppliers and sign contractors to determine current practices with regard to supports for small highway sign installations. The survey was conducted through a mail questionnaire and follow-up interviews. Raw data from the survey was coded and stored on magnetic tape for analysis. Data retrieval and analysis was accomplished through small utility computer programs. This report describes the input data and the format it is stored in.
- See also PB-297406, and PB-297408.
Texas A&M Research FoundationCollege Station, TX USA 77843
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ross, HEJ
- Schafer, D F
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Data collection; Data reduction; Design; Information processing; Maintenance; Questionnaires; State of the art studies; Structural supports; Surveys; Toll roads; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Supports
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00197634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RF3254-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8821
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM