VEHICLE LONGITUDINAL CONTROL AND RELIABILITY PROJECT. ENTRAINMENT AND PLATOONING ANALYSIS AND DESIGN. APPENDIX B. TRAINSIM SIMULATION PROGRAM USER'S GUIDE
This document, (a part of the Appendixes of Part A, Entrainment and Platooning, Volume 5 (UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-5), Vehicle Longitudinal Control and Reliability (VCLR) Program), describes TRAINSIM, a Fortran simulation program developed to support the VLCR Entrainment studies. The program is capable of simulating the operation of a single "master" vehicle, a low-speed collision of the master vehicle into a stopped "slave" vehicle to effect coupling, and the operation of a coupled two-vehicle train. Longitudinal control is provided on the master vehicle only. The vehicles may employ linear induction motor propulsion or dc motor propulsion. Section 2 herein describes the simulation model, scenario, and structure. This volume documents the study work done on Entrainment and Platooning analysis and design as related to vehicle longitudinal control. Entrainment concept analysis, entrainment control studies (including maneuvers, simulations, and control concepts), automatic coupler alignment and hardware concepts, entrainment cost analysis, and platooning studies are also included. Part A of this report addresses entrainment and Part B addresses platooning.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO USA 80010
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lorenz, D
- Lindgren, C
- Mahaffy, J
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Automatic train operation; Computer programs; Control devices; Costs; Direct current motors; Induction motors; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Needs assessment; Railroad trains; Simulation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-6Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM