A STUDY OF CRCP PERFORMANCE: NEW CONSTRUCTION VS. OVERLAY
This report documents the performance of several continuously reinforced concrete pavements (CRCP) in Texas. Specifically, it involves a comparison of the performances of CRCP overlays and new CRCP construction for three projects: I35-2(45)175, located in Guadalupe County, I35-4(13)317, located in Falls and McLennan Counties (a two county project), and I35W-5(44)401, located in Johnson County. These projects were constructed by the Texas State Department of Highways and Transportation and each includes overlay and new construction built side by side. This report documents condition surveys performed on these pavements in 1975-76. The study compares observed performances of CRCP overlays and new CRCP and reports findings and trends. While the findings are far from conclusive, they can be useful for improving future designs.
- Sponsored in part by Texas State Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation, Austin. Transportation Planning Div.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX USA 78712
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Daniel, J I
- Hudson, W R
- McCullough, B F
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Chi square test; Concrete pavements; Continuously reinforced concrete pavements; Design; Field tests; Maintenance; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement performance; Paving; Trafficability
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Covering
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00197607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CFHR-3-8-75-177-12 Intrm Rpt., FHWA/TX-177-12
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM