SDP-40F/E-8 LOCOMOTIVES. TEST RESULTS REPORT. DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE TESTING. VOLUME II
This volume is a series of five appendices covering details of the Chessie System Test. These are: Appendix A - SDP-40F Consist Instrumentation (AAR); Appendix B - E-8 Consist Instrumentation (ENSCO, Inc.); Appendix C - Trackside Measurements of Wheel/Rail Forces (Battelle Columbus Laboratories); Appendix D - Locomotive Wheelset Instrumentation and Calibration (HITEC Corporation); and, Appendix E - Probabilistic Analysis for Locomotive Derailment (J H Wiggins Company).
- See also Volume 1, PB-296 294.
ENSCO, IncorporatedEngineering Test and Analysis Division
Alexandria, VA USA 22303
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kesler, K
- Yang, T L
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 173 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Crash risk forecasting; Data collection; Derailments; Diesel electric locomotives; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Instrumentation; Locomotives; Probability theory; Rail (Railroads); Risk assessment; Rolling contact; Surveying; Surveying; Test trains; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Six axle locomotives
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197597
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/11-2, ENSCO/DOT-78/10/2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64113
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM