SDP-40F/E-8 LOCOMOTIVES. TEST RESULTS REPORT. DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE TESTING. VOLUME I
This volume covers a test on the Chessie System to collect as much data as possible on parameters suspected of causing SDP-40F derailments. A baseline locomotive, the E-8, considered a stable performer by professional railroad personnel was introduced into the tests for comparison purposes. Also, the SDP-40F was modified to simulate various stages of wear and states of maintenance, and tested after these modifications for comparison with tests run on a locomotive in "like-new" condition.
- See also Volume 2, PB-296 295.
ENSCO, IncorporatedEngineering Test and Analysis Division
Alexandria, VA United States 22303
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kesler, K
- Yang, T L
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Data collection; Derailments; Diesel electric locomotives; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Instrumentation; Locomotives; Probability theory; Rail (Railroads); Rolling contact; Surveying; Surveying; Test trains; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Six axle locomotives
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/11-1, ENSCO/DOT-78/10/1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64113
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM