PROCEEDINGS OF THE NEW CONCEPTS SYMPOSIUM AND WORKSHOP ON DETECTION AND IDENTIFICATION OF EXPLOSIVES HELD AT RESTON, VIRGINIA ON OCTOBER 30, 31, AND NOVEMBER 1, 1978
A collection of over 80 research papers were presented at a symposium on the detection and identification of explosives. The main topics discussed were Vapor Detection, Bulk Detection, Tagging, and Untagged Identification. The subject matter covered under vapor detection included vapor characterization, calibration, and standards; preconcentrators, vapor barriers and transport mass spectrometry; smell, biochemical, and chemiluminescence techniques; ion mobility spectrometry; animal olfaction; optical; and electron capture/gas chromatography. The topics covered under Bulk Detection included x-ray detection; computer processing of image data; NMR/NQR; neutron detection techniques; and operational considerations. The subjects concerned with the area of tagging were identification tagging concepts; ID pilot test analysis; detection tagging concepts; safety compatibility and survivability testing; detection tagging pilot test; and techniques in ID taggant recovery.
- Sponsored in part by Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC., Department of Energy, Washington, DC., Department of Justice, Washington, DC., and Department of Transportation, Washington, DC.
Aerospace Corporation2350 East El Sequdo Boulevard
El Sequndo, CA USA 90245
Department of the Treasury1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20220
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20585
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
Department of Justice950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20530-0001
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 561 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Chemical analysis; Chemiluminescence; Explosives; Gas chromatography; Mass spectroscopes; Meetings; Neutron activation analysis; Nuclear magnetic resonance; Optical devices; Optical instruments; Performance evaluations; Safety; Standards; Testing equipment; Trace elements; Transport properties (Physics); Vapor phases; X ray analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Laboratory equipment; Separation; Transport properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Marking; Mass spectroscopy
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00197577
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 2002 12:00AM