DRINKER DIAGNOSIS AND REFERRAL COUNTERMEASURES PERFORMANCE REPORT FOR 1975
The study examined the progress, procedures and effectiveness of the drinker diagnosis and referral process (pre and post sentence investigations) in five Los Angeles County Municipal Courts and in one Alcohol Rehabilitation Clinic. The investigations were conducted on persons arrested for drinking and driving. The purpose of the investigations was to determine the severity of the drinking-driving problem and to recommend a treatment referral as part of the sentencing procedure. The effectiveness of the investigation procedures was defined by the following criteria: (1) whether the judges made increasing use of the investigators' services over time; (2) whether the investigators made accurate classifications of clients as to their drinking problems; (3) whether the court accepted recommendations for treatment referrals; (4) whether the diagnosis programs were funded after ASAP funding ceased.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Los Angeles County, CaliforniaAlcohol Safety Action Project, 1540 Alcazar
Los Angeles, CA USA 90033
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gahan, J F
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Courts; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Law enforcement; Measures of effectiveness; Performance; Prevention; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-109 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-161-2-252
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM