THIRD GENERATION CONTROL SOFTWARE. URBAN TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM (UTCS) SOFTWARE SUPPORT PROJECT. VOLUME I. SYSTEM OVERVIEW
This report presents the results of the research performed to date on the Third Generation UTCS Software (3GC) System. This system provides on-line cycle-free traffic signal optimization. This report is comprised of six volumes which detail the third generation software for undersaturated conditions (CYRANO) as implemented in Washington, DC. The algorithm for developing signal timing patterns on-line for saturated conditions (CIC/QMC) is only described functionally because it requires further development. This volume (Vol. 1) contains the following topics: Third generation control-system description; 3GC design approach; Data base configurations; Priority interrupt system; Data processing equipment.
- See also Volume 2, PB-295679. Prepared in cooperation with KLD Associates, Incorporated.
Honeywell3660 Technology Drive
Minneapolis, MN United States 55418
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Highway traffic control; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Software; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic signal timing; Transportation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Network flows; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197530
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-154 Final Rpt., 46462
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8317
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM