SAN ANTONIO ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT. ANALYTIC STUDY NUMBER 1-2. FINAL ANALYSIS OF OVERALL PROJECT IMPACT 1972-THROUGH 1974
The Project Administration consisted of two major elements: Project Management--coordination of all countermeasure activities: and Project Evaluation--analysis of the effectiveness of the countermeasures and the overal project impact. During the ASAP period, the project operated in an environment which was unique to San Antonio and which underwent rather extensive change. Six significant factors, influenced the impact that ASAP had on traffic safety in San Antonio. While no qualitative analyses were made to determine the extent to which the five unfavorable factors adversely affected accident patterns in San Antonio, the Project Evaluator concluded that they could have outweighed the positive effect of ASAP. Even with analysis of the trends on the basis of per 100,000 licensed drivers, there were increases in fatal and injury accidents. Three other scientific analyses also failed to indicate high degrees of success for ASAP. However, these analyses did provide indications of progress attribuitable to ASAP.
- See also the report dated May 1977, Study No. 4, PB-294848, and PB-295451.
San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project303 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX USA 78205
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Langland, K F
- Hawkins, T E
- Dreyer, C B
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Driver rehabilitation; Fatalities; Injuries; Law enforcement; Legislation; Measures of effectiveness; Motor vehicles; Prevention; Public relations; Regulations; Safety; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197529
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-051 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-049-1-065
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM