THE ALCOHOLISM COUNCIL COUNTERMEASURE PERFORMANCE REPORT FOR 1975
The study reviewed the development and activities of four ASAP-funded Alcoholism Councils in Los Angeles County. Special emphasis was placed on evaluating the Councils' investigation and referral of clients convicted of drinking and driving. Effectiveness was defined in terms of the following criteria: (1) How frequently did the courts use the services of the Councils; (2) How adequately did Council staff evaluate the nature of the clients' drinking problems; (3) Were clients referred to appropriate treatments; (4) Have the Councils expanded activities; (5) Were the Councils able to obtain funding after ASAP funds terminated; and (6) Did the Councils have a catalytic effect.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Los Angeles County, CaliforniaAlcohol Safety Action Project, 1540 Alcazar
Los Angeles, CA USA 90033
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Mostyn, N
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Counseling; Driver rehabilitation; Law enforcement; Measures of effectiveness; Prevention; Safety; Therapy; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-108 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-161-2-252
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM