EXISTING SERVICES IMPACT STUDY. VOLUME II. APPENDIX A: SEVENTEEN CRITERIA: ANALYSES AND RESULTS
The study resulted from questions that had been raised about the quantity of Bi-State Development Agency transit services provided to the transit-dependent and minority population of the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. The Project had the objectives of evaluating existing service, determining whether it is adequately and equitably provided to the transit-dependent and minority population, and identifying any needed corrective steps that can be taken. The study found that services were generally adequate and equitable. Deficiencies with respect to adequacy were found in availability of financial assistance, frequency of service, trip speed, vehicle loadings, and on-time performance. Equity deficiencies were found in the areas of vehicle loading and bus cleanliness. The elements of the recommended program are addressed.
- Prepared in cooperation with Dalton-Dalton-Little-Newport, Inc., and Urban Behavioral Research Associates. See also Volume 1, PB-295487, and Volume 3, PB-295489. Also available in a set of 3 reports, PB-295486-SET.
Bi-State Development Agency3869 Park Avenue
St Louis, MO USA 63110
Dalton, Dalton, Little, Newport3605 Warrensville Center Road
Cleveland, OH USA 44122
Urban Behavioral Research Associate, Incorporated3518 Laclede Boulevard
St Louis, MO USA 63103
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- McBrayer, D B
- Howard, D M
- Boyd, M W
- Littleton, A C
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bus transit; Buses; Evaluation; Facilities; Financing; Impact studies; Level of service; Loads; Metropolitan areas; Minorities; Needs assessment; Performance; Physically handicapped persons; Policy; Public opinion; Public transit; Standards; Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation; Vehicle capacity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Loading; Services; Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00197513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UMTA-IT-09-0067
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM