EXISTING SERVICES IMPACT STUDY. VOLUME I: MAIN REPORT. APPENDIX C: WORKSHOP 1. APPENDIX D: WORKSHOP 2
The objective of the study was to determine the adequacy and equitability of transit service operated by the Bi-State Development Agency, particularly with respect to the transit-dependent and minority population of the service area. The report describes the study process, findings, conclusions and recommendations. The project included development of definitions for terms relevant to the study (transit-dependent persons and areas, minority persons and areas, transportation needs), identification of criteria for examining adequacy and equity, development of analysis methods, data gathering (including an on-board survey of bus riders), analysis of service adequacy and equity, analysis of service standards, and development of a program to remedy deficiencies or otherwise strengthen adequacy and equity. Two public meetings were held to advise the public of processes and results, obtain suggestions, and respond to questions. Interim and final work steps were reviewed by the Bi-State Development Agency and the Urban Mass Transportation Agency's Regional, Transportation Planning and Civil Rights Offices.
- Prepared in cooperation with Dalton-Dalton-Little-Newport, Inc., and Urban Behavioral Research Associates. See also Volume 2, PB-295488. Also available in set of 3 reports, PB-295486-SET.
Bi-State Development Agency3869 Park Avenue
St Louis, MO United States 63110
Dalton, Dalton, Little, Newport3605 Warrensville Center Road
Cleveland, OH United States 44122
Urban Behavioral Research Associate, Incorporated3518 Laclede Boulevard
St Louis, MO United States 63103
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McBrayer, D B
- Howard, D M
- Boyd, M W
- Littleton, A C
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bus transit; Evaluation; Impact studies; Level of service; Minorities; Needs assessment; Persons with disabilities; Policy; Public opinion; Public transit; Standards; Traffic surveys; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Services; Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity)
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UMTA-IT-09-0067
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM