PARATRANSIT VEHICLE TEST AND EVALUATION. VOLUME V: NOISE TESTS
A series of tests and evaluations of two prototype paratransit vehicles were conducted. This volume (Volume V) presents the test procedures and results of the noise tests conducted on the two paratransit vehicles and the baseline test vehicle. The test series measured external vehicle noise during acceleration, constant speed, and stationary at idle conditions. Interior noise at each of the passenger locations and in the driver's compartment was also measured under the above conditions.
- See also Volume 4, PB-295478. Also available in set of 5 reports, PB-295474-SET.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Wesson, L E
- Culley, C
- Anderson, R L
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Comfort; Evaluation; Noise; Paratransit services; Performance tests; Prototypes; Quality control; Sound level; Speed; Standards; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle performance; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-0052-78-5 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1241
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM