PARATRANSIT VEHICLE TEST AND EVALUATION. VOLUME IV: FUEL ECONOMY TESTS
A series of tests and evaluations of two prototype vehicles for paratransit were conducted. This volume (Volume IV) presents the test procedures and results of the fuel economy tests. The test series determined the fuel economy of the vehicles as they were driven through simulated urban and suburban driving cycles. The relationships between fuel consumption and vehicle speeds were determined and maximum fuel economies were established.
- See also Volume 3, PB-295477, and Volume 5, PB-295479. Also available in set of 5 reports, PB-295474-SET.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Wesson, L
- Culley, C
- Anderson, R L
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Comfort; Evaluation; Fuel consumption; Paratransit services; Performance tests; Prototypes; Quality control; Standards; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle performance; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-0052-78-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1241
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM