PARATRANSIT VEHICLE TEST AND EVALUATION. VOLUME II: ACCELERATION AND INTERIOR MEASUREMENT TESTS
A series of tests and evaluations of two prototype vehicles for paratransit were conducted. This volume (Volume II) presents the test procedure and results of the acceleration and interior measurement test series. The tests determined the acceleration characteristics of the vehicles, the effects of vehicle acceleration/deceleration on vehicle passengers, the effectiveness of wheelchair restraint systems, and the available interior space for the driver and passengers. Performance data of the prototypes are compared with those of two baseline test vehicles.
- See also Volume 1, PB-295475, and Volume 3, PB-295477. Also available in set of 5 reports, PB-295474-SET.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Wesson, L E
- Culley, C
- Anderson, R L
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Comfort; Deceleration; Evaluation; Manual safety belts; Paratransit services; Performance tests; Quality control; Safety equipment; Standards; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle performance; Vehicles; Vibration; Wheelchairs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interior; Quality
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-0052-78-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1241
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM