SAN ANTONIO ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT ANALYTIC STUDY NUMBER 1-2: ANALYSIS OF OVERALL PROJECT IMPACT 1975-1976
Overall project activities during the 2-year continuation period of the San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project included the design and conduct of a number of selective patrol strategies, support and improvement of the DWI adjudication system, the design and conduct of experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of various rehabilitation modalities, and further experimentation in public information and education. A description of these activities and an evaluation of the overall impact of ASAP efforts in San Antonio and Bexar County are presented in this document. The Overall Project Impact Abstract at the beginning of this report summarizes the major findings of the program during the 1975-1976 continuation period. Section I presents the evaluation objectives and research questions which formed the basis for the research conducted during the continuation period, with findings of the initial 3 years and highlights of the continuation period contained in Section II. Results of the Evaluation, Section III, summarizes the statistical and administrative evaluation of the program and provides information on accident trends, alcohol involvement, compounding factors, and the self-sustaining DWI control system resulting from the 5-year ASAP effort. Section IV, Conclusions and Recommendations, presents an overall summary of the findings of the evaluation and identifies those findings which could be of greatest benefit to the initiation and operation of locally-funded ASAP's.
- Prepared in cooperation with Southwest Research Institute. See also PB-295639.
San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project303 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX United States 78205
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hawkins, T E
- Dreyer, C B
- Mason, R I
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Impacts; Law enforcement; Mass media; Police; Prevention; Publicity; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-133 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-049-1-065
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM