INTERIM EVALUATION OF THE MINNEAPOLIS RIDESHARING COMMUTER SERVICES DEMONSTRATION
The report presents an interim evaluation of the impacts of ridesharing brokerage project at three multi-employer work sites in the Minneapolis metropolitan area to encourage increased ridership in high occupancy vehicles to non-CBD work sites. The modes being promoted are carpooling, vanpooling, subscription and regular bus. This interim evaluation focuses on an analysis of pre-demonstration survey data. Site characteristics and work conditions are described in detail, including parking availability, observed variance in start-end times, worker overtime requirements and business need for a car. A series of market penetration measures are presented to evaluate the effectiveness of the broker's marketing efforts.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SHERMAN, L
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Commuting; Coordination; Demonstration projects; Employment; Evaluation; Level of service; Marketing; Measures of effectiveness; Metropolitan areas; Mode S; Parking; Personnel; Ridesharing; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Services
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Old TRIS Terms: Demonstration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00197470
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MN-06-0008-79-1Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1405
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM