TRANSIT NEEDS ANALYSIS. VOLUME I: TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT APPENDIXES
The St. Louis Mass Transit Program was undertaken to determine if an improved regional transit system is needed; it is directed at the mobility requirements of the total population. Special emphasis was given to travel characteristics and needs of transit-dependent persons. This report, Volume II, provides a detailed description of the methodology employed in the analysis. The appendixes are as follows: A - Definition of Terms; B - Review of nationwide research on latent demand and transit-dependency; C - Detailed analysis of existing St. Louis travel data with regard to identifying regional transit service needs; D - Key person community survey results; E - Results of transit-dependent survey; F - Estimates of persons in autoless household (for 1985) and supplemental tables; G - Summary of literature review, with annotated bibliography.
- Sponsored in part by East-West Gateway Coordinating Council. St. Louis, MO.
Rouse (WV) and Company1771 West Howard Street
Chicago, IL United States 60626
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO United States 63102
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Buses; City planning; Households; Mobility; Needs assessment; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Public transit; Reviews; Sociology; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-5
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM