TRANSIT NEEDS ANALYSIS. VOLUME I: TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT APPENDIXES
The St. Louis Mass Transit Program was undertaken to determine if an improved regional transit system is needed; it is directed at the mobility requirements of the total population. Special emphasis was given to travel characteristics and needs of transit-dependent persons. This report, Volume II, provides a detailed description of the methodology employed in the analysis. The appendixes are as follows: A - Definition of Terms; B - Review of nationwide research on latent demand and transit-dependency; C - Detailed analysis of existing St. Louis travel data with regard to identifying regional transit service needs; D - Key person community survey results; E - Results of transit-dependent survey; F - Estimates of persons in autoless household (for 1985) and supplemental tables; G - Summary of literature review, with annotated bibliography.
- Sponsored in part by East-West Gateway Coordinating Council. St. Louis, MO.
Rouse (WV) and Company1771 West Howard Street
Chicago, IL USA 60626
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO USA 63102
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Buses; City planning; Households; Mobility; Needs assessment; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Public transit; Reviews; Sociology; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-5
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM