TRANSIT NEEDS ANALYSIS. VOLUME II: PROCEDURE MANUAL
After ten years of serious consideration of some type of steelwheel-steelrail public transit improvements, the conclusion was reached that for the forseeable future buses operating on existing streets and highways with certain modifications are the most cost-effective means to meet this region's transit needs. Attention is now focused on financing existing transit service and the improvement proposals made in this report. This volume, Volume II, provides a description of the methodology utilized in the analysis, and it is intended to provide guidelines for other urban areas. This volume consists of procedures employed in the transit dependent survey, in transit analysis of existing data sources, and in the key person community survey. In addition, Volume II includes four appendixes. The first two appendixes present the survey instruments used in both the transit-dependent and the key person community surveys. Appendix C details the survey manual used to train interviewers for the transit-dependent survey, and Appendix D describes the community participation program.
- See also Volume 1, PB-295117. Sponsored in part by East-West Gateway Coordinating Council.
Rouse (H.B.) and Company2214 North Wayne Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60614
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO United States 63102
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Cost effectiveness; Guidelines; Highways; Manuals; Needs assessment; Public transit; Questionnaires; Railroad transportation; Streets; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM