TRANSIT NEEDS ANALYSIS. VOLUME I: TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT
The St. Louis Mass Transit Program was undertaken to determine if an improved regional transit system is needed; it is directed at the mobility requirements of the total population. Special emphasis was given to travel characteristics and needs of transit-dependent persons. Public transportation, as stated herein, in the St. Louis area will be buses on local streets and highways for the next 10-15 years. Volume I, this report, consists of three major sections: (1) An analysis of regional transit service needs; (2) An analysis of transit-dependent service needs; and (3) A description of methods to evaluate alternative regional transit systems.
- See also Volume 2, PB-295118. Sponsored in part by East West Gateway Coordinating Council.
Rouse (H.B.) and Company2214 North Wayne Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60614
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO USA 63102
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Buses; City planning; Highways; Mobility; Needs assessment; Public transit; Streets; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity)
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM