THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN EVALUATION FRAMEWORK FOR TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
The general intent of the research was to conduct a practical framework which can be easily integrated into the current urban transportation planning process and which can also be adapted to previously established institutional arrangements with medium-sized metropolitan areas. For this, a systems analytic approach was applied. Based on this approach, six specific tasks were undertaken to construct such a framework: (1) the identification of specific transportation objectives which can be achieved through various TSM strategies; (2) the construction of a set of TSM performance measures or measures of effectiveness which are sensitive to TSM objectives; (3) the identification of a set of techniques to monitor the performance of TSM strategies; (4) the development of a decision rule which when given the TSM objectives, measures of effectiveness, and strategies, can be used to evaluate overall performance of TSM strategies; (5) the testing of monitoring techniques for various TSM strategies; and (6) the development of an information system for the collection, retention, and retrieval of TSM information.
University of Nebraska, LincolnCollege of Engineering and Technology
Lincoln, NE USA 68503
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationUniversity Research and Training Program, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lima, P M
- McCoy, P T
- JEPSEN, S R
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Evaluation; Information processing; Management; Mathematical models; Measures of effectiveness; Metropolitan areas; Monitoring; Performance; Strategic planning; Systems analysis; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Systems management
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00197443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NE-11-0001-79-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM