CHARACTERISTICS OF URBAN TRANSPORTATION DEMAND; APPENDIX
To assist the urban transportation planner, the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Planning Methods and Support Program researches, develops, and distributes planning tools, including the documentation of novel planning studies, new design and forecasting techniques, and germane research results. This report is an example. Its contents clearly present usable planning concepts and constitute a valuable addition to the growing set of computerized and manual techniques comprising the UMTA/FHWA Urban Transportation Planning System (UTPS). This report is an Appendix to CUTD handbook. It offers detailed data on individual cities, roads, routes, stations, etc. These are not in a form that is comparable from place-to-place, but may be of interest from an historical perspective for the urban areas concerned.
- See also PB-293220, RRIS 25 191689; Bulletin 7902.
Smith (Wilbur) and Associates1100 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Levinson, H S
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Intermodal terminals; Methodology; Planning; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Roads; Routes; Statistics; Systems engineering; Tables (Data); Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197440
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0049-78-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1981 12:00AM