POST-ASAP (ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT) PROGRESS REPORT (FINAL). PUERTO RICO ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT
The report provides information pertaining to ASAP generated activities during the period June 1975 - December 1976. During this period, Federal funding (Section 403) for operational countermeasures had terminated. Progress for the following areas are described: Enforcement (Special Alcohol Patrol Units, Special Alcohol Pedestrian Patrol Units, Breath Analysis, and Video Tape Evidence Collection); Legislative, Judicial and Assistance to Prosecutors; Pre-Sentence Investigation and Probation; Rehabilitation Services; Public Information and Education, and the Alcohol Advisory Committee. Although the ASAP period did not produce the expected results, the post-ASAP period progress is considered successful. With the exception of the Rehabilitation Countermeasure, the much needed services for the drinking driver are continuing. For the first time, there exists in Puerto Rico a genuine concern as to what happens to those that drink and drive. It can be assumed then that if only for this reason the ASAP was successful in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico Traffic Safety CommissionSanturce, Puerto Rico 00907
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol breath tests; Countermeasures; Courts; Crash investigation; Driver rehabilitation; Education; Federal government; Information dissemination; Law enforcement; Laws; Legislation; Publicity; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Puerto Rico; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197429
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-988 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-160-2-251
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM