SAN ANTONIO ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT. ANALYTIC STUDY NO. 7. ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC INFORMATION AND EDUCATION (1975-1976)
Public information and education (PIE) efforts during the 2-year continuation period of the San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project encompassed both the use of previously developed methodologies and the implementation of new materials and approaches to increase public awareness of drinking-driving problems. This document contains a summary of PIE findings during the initial 3 years of operation, a description and analysis of activities during the continuation period, and conclusions and recommendations of those PIE activities which, based upon the 5-year San Antonio experience, could be most useful and transferable to locally funded ASAPs.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Southwest Research Institute.
San Antonio Alcohol Safety Action Project303 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX United States 78205
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hawkins, T E
- Dreyer, C B
- Cooper, E J
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Awareness; Driver training; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Information dissemination; Information management; Information organization; Mass communication; Mass media; Prevention; Publicity; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00197426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-137 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-049-1-065
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM